Mr. Joyce is the founder and senior attorney of J. Joyce & Associates. He has over 20 years experience as a trial attorney specializing in civil litigation and insurance defense. Mr. Joyce joined the law firm of Strong & Hanni in 1986 where he gained an excellent reputation as a skilled and competent trial attorney. In 2006, Mr. Joyce founded J. Joyce & Associates to create an environment that would allow him to continue his professional approach to litigation while offering unmatched personal service to clients. He has served as lead counsel in over 150 jury trials.
Mr. Joyce is licensed to practice law in Utah and Idaho.
- Brigham Young University College of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Brigham Young University (B.S. Business Management, 1982)
- Rick’s College (A.A., 1981)
- Utah State Bar
- Idaho State Bar
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Utah Defense Lawyers Association (President, 1997-1998)
- Defense Research Institute (Utah State Representative 1998-2001)
- Utah Supreme Court and Utah Judicial Council Committee on Improving Jury Service (Member 1997-2000)
- Council on Litigation Management